Ready for some summer fun? Charlotte is brimming with endless possibilities to make this summer the most exciting one yet. Get ready for adventure, relaxation, and unforgettable memories in Charlotte with the following things to do!
Go Whitewater Rafting
At the U.S Natural Whitewater Center in Charlotte, there’s something for everyone with whitewater rafting, whitewater kayaking, and flatwater activities.
The center also features land activities involving jumps, rope climbs, trails, and ziplines. Offering day passes, season passes, and single activity passes, this center is bound to be fun for the whole family.
Enjoy Outdoor Concerts
You can attend several free outdoor concerts in Charlotte this summer, including:
- Sounds in the Square, Fridays, May 11 through August 31 starting at 7 p.m. on 345 N. College Street.
- Whitewater River Jam, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays May 3 through September 29 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the U.S National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway.
Ballantyne also offers outdoor summer concert series, including:
- Stonecrest Music at the Fountain, Fridays and Saturdays from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. April through September.
- Blakeney Summer Music Series, Fridays and Saturdays, beginning May 25 and ending August 28 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Catch a Soccer Game
This summer, Charlotte will again be hosting the International Champions Cup at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. Catch Liverpool FC vs. Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, July 22 at 4 p.m.!
See the Charlotte Hounds
Ready to see some major league lacrosse? Catch a Charlotte Hounds game this summer at the American Legion Memorial Stadium in Charlotte. Dates include:
- Saturday, May 26 vs. Ohio Machine at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2 vs. Denver Outlaws, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 23 vs. Florida Launch, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 30 vs. Atlanta Blaze, 7:30 p.m.
- For more information regarding tickets and scheduling, call 704-206-1515.
Visit a Lake
Lake Norman has many activities to appreciate. From fishing, wake boarding, and kayaking to shopping, a spa, and farmer’s markets, there’s no end of things to do here. You can also visit Lake Wylie, which borders North and South Carolina and offers tourists a range of things to do.
Check Out the Taste of Charlotte Festival
At the Taste of Charlotte festival, you have access to over 100 samples from local restaurants. Held for three days from June 8-10, you can enjoy music, performances, and shopping!
Enjoy your summer in Charlotte by taking advantage of these great events!